WHAT IS FACEBOOK PREMIERE?
Facebook Premiere is a feature that allows you to upload and schedule pre-recorded videos to broadcast live on your Facebook page. All the advantages of a Facebook Live video, but with a pre-recorded video instead. Take advantage of Facebook Live without the fear of actually being live in front of the camera. This is ideal for new product launches, announcement, or episodic content. Facebook Premiere is great for driving buzz and interest before your video is shown.
YOUR AUDIENCE WANTS LIVE VIDEO.
By now you know that video reigns supreme, but did you know that 82% of online audiences prefer live video from brands vs. just social posts? Live videos also average 6x more engagement than regular video. Facebook is such a large platform embrace it as such. Don’t always try to send users to your YouTube page. Facebook videos get 10x higher reach than YouTube links. So users like live videos, and Facebook rewards you for posting natively on their platform
HOW FACEBOOK PREMIERE WORKS
Using Facebook Premiere makes your scheduled videos feel like events. After you schedule a premiere, a post is published immediately to your page. The post will include a ‘Get Reminder’ button that users can click to receive a notification prior to the broadcast. Who doesn’t love a good reminder?!
All subscribers will receive a notification about 20 minutes prior to the start of your Facebook Premiere video. Then another one 3 minutes prior to the broadcast. And then right before your video starts subscribers will get another notification so they can join the “broadcast lobby” that allows them to like, share and comment in real-time as they watch the video. And BONUS! A countdown clock will appear in this final post.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER…
- Premiere videos must be at least 30 seconds long
- Videos must be 30 frames per second or less
- Videos cannot be larger than 1920x1080p
- The maximum file size for a Premiere is 10GB
- A Premiere has to be scheduled at least 10 minutes in advance
- Premieres can be scheduled up to 7 days in the future
- “Premiere” drives more excitement vs. just posting a video. Get Fans excited that they are in the know of something happening.
- Fans getting notified that you scheduled a Premiere
- Viewers clicking a button to subscribe to notifications on your Premiere
- A 3-minute countdown clock for when your video will go live
- Video will be broadcast live with a Premiere badge
- Viewers are able to like, share and comment in real time
…All WITHOUT having to be present. Your videos. Polished. Without mistakes.